Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pioneer Woman's Linguini with Clam Sauce

I love Linguini with clams. Growing up my Aunt would always make this dish for me and it was fabulous. When I bought PW's cookbook and saw this recipe, I was really excited to try it. It a perfect blend of flavors and has creamy rather oil based sauce. It was just plain FANTASTIC. Better than all that it is a quick meal to make, under 30 minutes. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

What You Need:
2 – 10 oz cans of clams, drained, juice reserved
3 cloves garlic, minced
Chopped parsley
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
¾ c. white wine (optional- if you do not want to add it you can use white wine vinegar or non alcoholic white wine)
¾ c. heavy cream
Juice of ½ lemon
1 box of Linguini noodles
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese

How to make it:
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions (I use whole wheat pasta)
  2. Melt 1 tbsp of the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
  3. Add the clams and garlic, cook about 3 minutes
  4. Add the wine (or your substitute) and stir. Let cook for 3-4 minutes, until it has reduced
  5. Lower heat. Add lemon juice and the remaining butter, stir through and cook a few more minutes
  6. Add cream, parsley, salt and pepper (**note: you don’t need too much salt because the clams are fairly salty**). Cook until heated through
  7. Pour the sauce over the bed of hot noodles toss, top with cheese, and serve with a lemon slice.
Viola! You are done, that was easy and your kitchen smells decadent.

Happy Cooking Y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you have made this because this recipe has really scared me! It makes me feel good that you say it was easy and so good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete