Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hot Chicken Salad

On of my favorites dishes is chicken salad. So when I saw this recipe in Paula Deen's cookbook, "Paula Deen and Friends:Living It Up Southern Style", I knew I had to try it. It was so easy to make and a great twist to a classic dish.

Ingredients:
2 cups of cooked cubed chicken
1 and 1/2 cups diced celery
1/2 cup slivered almonds (I used what I had- Pecans- it was great too)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon grated onion
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
2/3 cup crushed potato chips

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine the chicken, celery, almonds (or chopped pecans), salt, onion, pepper,lemon juice, mayo, and cheese.
3. Then place the mixture in the prepared baking dish.
4. Then place the crushed potato chips on top. (I was skeptical but it was great)
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly



This is a delicious, perfectly seasoned, crunchy, chicken salad. It makes a great quick and easy dinner. It is even great for leftovers the next day either cold on a sandwich or you can reheat it. So gives this recipe a try you wont be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment