Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Crockpot Roast

I do not know about ya'll but on Sundays, I love to have a big family meals but do not want to cook for 2 hours after church. Bob usually has to work on Sunday afternoons so there is not much time to really cook a big meal. So I decided it was time to dig out the crockpot. I searched all over for an easy recipe and I found one. The ingredient list is a budgeters dream.
Crockpot Roast
Ingredients:
Rump Roast
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
(if you roast is bigger than 5lbs then just use 2 cans of each soup)
That is it!

What do you do?
1. Pull out the crockpot, if your a newlywed like me unpack it from the box
2. Put the roast in the crockpot fat side up
3. Pour in the cans of soup
4. Set the crockpot on low and leave it for 8-10 hours
Bob and I are night owls so I just set the crockpot up the night before. So the next day after church we had a wonderful roast that was very tender and delicious gravy. I served it with leftover mashed potatoes, steamed green beans and creamed corn. It was wonderful! A great Sunday lunch. Give this dish a try!!

Happy Cooking!



1 comment:

  1. I've done a roast similar to that one and it was delicious! I love quick, easy & affordable meals. :)

    ReplyDelete