Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pioneer Woman's Pico de Gallo


I am going to try and post about cooking through Pioneer Woman's (PW) cookbook every two weeks. Yesterday I made her Pico de Gallo. Bob and I both love chips and pico so I was really excited to try this recipe. To see Pioneer Woman's post with step by step pictures go here.
**Note: I only used one Jalapeno because I am not a huge fan of hot but that is totally up to you.
I really liked this recipe and it would make a great snack or addition to any mexican food inspired night.
Here is Pioneer Woman's Recipe:

What You Need:

5 whole Plum (roma) Tomatoes
½ whole Large (or 1 Small) Onion
Whole Jalapeno Peppers
Cilantro
Lime Juice
Salt To Taste

How to Make It:

Chop jalapenos, tomatoes and onions into a very small dice. (Leave seeds in your jalapenos for a hotter pico). Adjust amount of jalapenos to your preferred temperature. Next, chop up a nice-sized bunch of cilantro. Just remove and discard the long leafless stems before chopping. No need to remove the leaves from the stems completely. Place all of these ingredients together in a bowl and give it a good stir.

Squeeze the juice of half of one lime into the bowl. Add salt to taste and stir again.


Happy Cooking!

**note: to me it needs a little more tomatoes**

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you're joining us Whitney! I'm glad to meet you! I'm also so glad that you made the pico because I'm planning on making it next weekend and I'm glad to hear that you liked it!

    Have a great week!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete