Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pioneer Woman's Potato Skins

My husband loves potato skins. When we first started dating I remember him ordering them as an appetizer and I didn't really like them but now 8 years later I find my self enjoying them as well. When my hubby requested these I decided to pair them with steak for dinner as an alternative regular baked potatoes. It turned out fabulous!! Unfortunately she does not have this recipe online with pictures but here is the recipe:

What You Need:

8 pieces of thick-cut bacon
8 (cleaned) potatoes
canola oil
kosher salt
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
4 sliced green onions

How to Make It:
  1. Bake the potatoes for 45 min in the oven at 400 degrees or until they are fork tender
  2. Fry your bacon up (my favorite part, who does not love bacon)
  3. When your potatoes come out of the oven, slice them in half, then with a spoon core out the potatoes leaving a little flesh on the skin
  4. Next brush both side of the the potatoes with canola oil and salt both sides liberally
  5. Cook on both sides for 7 more minutes each or until the skins are crispy
  6. Grate your cheese (or you cheat and buy the already grated kind) and chop the bacon into bits
  7. Sprinkle the potatoes cheese and bacon, then return it to the oven just until the cheese melts
  8. Then right before you serve spoon in some sour cream, and sprinkle with green onions
**Note: We cut down on the portion size from the recipes since there is only 2 of us but this is the original recipe


It is was delish!! (Not to mention Bob's special steaks are the yum!)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fantastic meal! And I love your Vera placemats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I could have looked in my PW cook book but that would have meant finding it first LOL. I have made these several times and the whole family loves them!! We add diced jalapenos to ours and they are Yummo!

    ReplyDelete